Does Phone Overheating Ruin the Battery? My Experience and the Methods That Actually Worked


 Does Phone Overheating Ruin the Battery? My Experience and the Methods That Actually Worked


A lot of people have the same problem — the phone gets hot and then the battery starts dying faster. I’ve seen this on several phones myself, especially during the summer. So I thought I’d share what I’ve personally tried and what actually made a difference.


First, let’s be clear.  

Yes, when a phone stays hot for long periods, it does damage the battery. Heat reduces battery life and makes it hold less charge over time. I noticed this myself on an older phone — after constant overheating, the battery health dropped below 85%.


Why Does the Phone Get Hot?


There are several reasons. Here’s what I’ve observed:


- Playing games or running heavy apps

- Using the phone while it’s charging (this is one of the biggest causes)

- Too many apps running in the background

- Using it in hot weather or with a thick case

- Sometimes after a software update the heating increases


Methods I Personally Tried and That Worked


I’ve experimented with quite a few things. The ones that actually helped are:


I completely stop using the phone while it’s charging. Earlier I used to scroll during charging, now I don’t. The difference is clear.


I close unnecessary apps. I go into Settings, check Running apps, and force stop the ones I’m not using.


I keep Low Power Mode and Dark Mode on most of the time. I also keep the screen brightness lower.


When the phone feels too hot, I remove the case. Thick cases trap heat inside.


I only use the original charger. Cheap chargers make the battery heat up more — I’ve felt this myself.


I don’t leave the phone charging overnight. Letting it sit at 100% for hours also harms the battery.


One small thing — I never put the phone under a pillow or blanket while charging. Keeping it in an open place helps reduce heat.


How to Check Battery Health


I use the AccuBattery app. It’s free and shows battery health clearly. You can also check some information in the phone’s own Battery settings.


If the battery health goes below 80%, you need to be more careful.


# My Final Opinion


Occasional heating is normal, but if the phone stays hot all the time, the battery will definitely suffer. The methods I mentioned above are ones I use daily and they do make a difference.


If you tell me your phone model, I can give more specific advice, because every phone behaves a bit differently.


Any questions, just ask. I’ll share whatever I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment